Friday, February 12, 2010

Panama

The boat made it to Panama today and after some tricky moments with anchor and getting settled in, all seems fine. Spoke with my mom (Jennifer) briefly and all seems good. I'm sure there will be a good update soon but just wanted to let all know that they are in Panama and safe.

I'm sure they would love some comments on here after their first significant passage... Please feel free to leave any comments short or long to let them know y'all are keeping track of them.

Hope all is well with everyone out there.


Kate Glaudemans

6 comments:

Hans said...

Kate, only comment I have is, keep us updated, this is becoming one of my favourite websites.

Good work Jon, Jen, Stephen en Guita.

MJ said...

Thanks for the update Kate! Am glad to know they arrived in Panama safely.

Way to go crew!!

Mart

Michael D. Miller, MD said...

Thanks Kate - Congrats on the first longish leg under the hulls. Like everyone here in DC, wish we were there. I'm mean, with all the snow and parking and driving problems... we REALLY wish we were there. But seriously, am greatly enjoying the prose and literary images of your trip so far... Please keep it up and enjoy every second.

Wall said...

Glad y'all made it to Panama safely! I love reading the updates and wish I could be there enjoying it all with you! If you make your way into the Bocas del toro area, be on the look out for some rowdy Princeton grads running a hostel. I love y'all!

Meredith

BillyBob said...

Thanks, Katy. How soon will the IDG be passagemaking in the warm Pacific?

Billy

cathy said...

Thanks for the updates its so reassuring to know where they are and that they are safe. We miss Guita and Stephen and trust your parents to keep them safe until they get back to the bay area.