Monday, June 14, 2010

If I Were A Boat

Another poem penned on ile de Grace:

If I Were A Boat

If I were a boat
If my skin were smooth
If my legs turned round and round
If my head could turn sharply thru the wind
If I could somehow hold steady in a fresh breeze
If when the tides turn I would stay anchored
If I could shine from these portholes
If I would leave this shore behind
If I were that kind of boat:

I would lie gently in this port and wait for you to take my wheel.


Jon Glaudemans
June 2010

2 comments:

carol scheman said...

your poem brings tears to my eyes (literally).
You and Jennifer are charting, living---and sharing---a way to live life that breaks out boundaries.
Thank you
much love
Carol

Aaron said...

By finding your place, you help others do the same. Happy sailing.

Aaron