Friday, July 29, 2011

Updated Piracy Guidelines

For those interested, see this link for the most recent guidelines re: piracy in the Gulf of Aden.  Jennifer and I had already decided not to sail these waters, and the guidelines certainly vindicate that choice.

At present, we are in Bali, taking care of boat maintenance, housekeeping, etc., before a few days inland.  From here, we leave in a week or two to Cocos Keeling, an Australian territory, on the way to Mauritius and South Africa.

More postings and pics to follow.

3 comments:

MarkG said...

hi jon/jef:

let me try this way first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!!!!!!!!! A birthday in Bali sounds pretty pleasant. Things look busy and nice on the cruise - I'll try and send an email with more info...hope that my work Google account helps.

love,
mark/amy/m/e

MarkG said...

hi jon/jen -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jon!!!!!!!! I'll try and send an email with more info...
love,
mark

Hans said...

Happy Birthday Jon, If you read this it is alreay too late.
And when reaing about the pirates I recall what they said in Hill Stree Blues: Be careful out there